HI HOPES is a national non-profit organisation offering a unique home-visiting and family support programme for families with infants and young children with hearing loss. The programme has demonstrated positive impact over the past 13 years, and is now ready to scale its operations.
HI HOPES is looking for an entrepreneurial, business-minded, impact-driven individual to lead the organisation as it looks to expand and grow. The goal over the next two years is to develop a model that can be scaled and to help guide the organisation towards long-term success.
• Proven experience as a CEO or other leadership/management position (10 years minimum)
• Experience in strategy development and implementation of vision
• Experience in financial modelling and implementing profitable/sustainable business models
• Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, etcetera.
• An entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
• Experience in managing and supporting a diverse, dispersed team (of more than 10 employees)
• Ability to analyse, synthesise and present complex data to multiple stakeholders
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Postgraduate degree in business or finance.
• Lead the development of HI HOPES short-and long term growth strategy
• Develop a sound scaling and sustainability strategy
• Set growth targets and priorities (financial and impact) and implement plans to achieve these
• Pioneer, evaluate and secure new funding/financing sources and business opportunities
• Identify internal human resource development plans (may include professional development, training and recruitment)
• Engage with multiple stakeholders (including employees, funders, private sector partners, academic partners and government) to inform strategic plans
• Communicate on behalf of HI HOPES with key stakeholders, government entities and the public
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of Early Intervention and related market/industry trends, expansion opportunities
• Oversee the organisation’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing
• Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the organisation.
The ideal candidate:
• Is an innovative thinker and problem solver
• Is learning orientated, has an entrepreneurial and growth mind-set
• Is passionate about delivering sustainable impact at scale
• Is a strategic thinker
• Is an activator who gets things done.
HI HOPES is committed to providing the new CEO with the time and resources to innovate and trial approaches to sustainability and scale. The CEO will be supported by the Director of the Centre for Deaf Studies, the HI HOPES senior management team and external consultants as required.
HI HOPES is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in this opportunity, send a one-page cover letter and CV (three pages max) to Professor Claudine Storbeck ([email protected]) by July 31 2020.
Subject: HI HOPES CEO.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Occasional local and international travel required
Start: September 2020