Residents near the Shongweni landfill, west of Durban, say the complex emits suffocating and noxious gas. This gives them headaches, nose bleeds, itchy eyes, irritability, asthma and other chest conditions.
- South Africa appalled that Israel given AU observer status
- Gauteng’s jacarandas are flowering earlier because of climate change
- On failed states and the pitfalls of Western commentary
- Cape Town transport stabilised after two weeks of taxi violence
- ‘My sister is mistaken’ and other responses to dissent in Zuma contempt case