We entered into a civil union at the Department of Home Affairs in August 2015, because, like a lot of people, we didn’t really have the money for a big, lavish wedding. Then, in March last year, we entered a competition by the Pink Loerie Festival, which is held annually in Knysna, to be one of 16 gay couples to be wed in what was the first mass gay wedding ceremony on the continent – and we won.
- Climate commission maps South Africa’s road to zero emissions
- Eskom’s Richards Bay gas-to-power plant ‘regressive’ for action on climate change, say activists
- The Musina-Makhado zone puts people first, says its chief executive
- Drop in child vaccinations a danger
- Damage assessments begin following deadly Western Cape storm